The waste rock dumps.
- There will be three large waste rock dumps covering an estimated 2000 hectares.
- The largest of these will reach up to 115 metres in height.
- This is almost as large as the highest building in the Adelaide CBD (about 130 metres).
- The waste rock piles at the Ardrossan dolomite mine are only 30 – 40 metres high.
- The view from the coast will never be the same again – all we will see is massive over-burden heaps for miles.
An artists impression of the Waste Dumps from sea